Developers to circulate applications for Hunters Point South 1Q14, officials say

Rendering of completion

Rendering of completion

Nov. 25, 2013 By Christian Murray

The application period for the affordable rental units at Hunters Point South is expected to begin some time during the first quarter of 2014, according to city housing officials.

The developers typically start notifying the public about the application period seven months prior to the completion of an affordable apartment complex.

“Construction is about 30% to 35%  done, which means they are close to marketing the properties,” said Gabriella Amabile, with the Department of Housing Preservation & Development.

The marketing will be conducted by the developers and will include an ad campaign, postcards/fliers, library visits, public meetings and discussions with elected officials.

The applicants will be aiming to snag one of the 925 apartments that are expected to be completed toward the end of 2014. The development is comprised of two buildings that have a total of 925 units– all designated as affordable.

Once the marketing campaign begins, applicants will have a 60 day window to submit their application. While there are strict income limits, once those are met–preference is given for Western Queens residents.

Until the application period begins, the public is able to go on NYC.gov/housingconnect and build a profile, which can be used for their Hunters Point South applications once the 60-day window opens.

The developers (particularly the Related Companies and Phipps Housing) will be in charge of marketing the affordable complex—and verifying the applicants income statements.

However, the NYC Dept. of Housing Preservation & Development will still oversee that process by conducting surprise inspections or auditing 20% of their work.

(For income requirements, please read previous story)

Ellen Martin

Please send me an application for the affordable housing at Hunter’s Point for myself and my husband.

Hope Padilla

I will love to receive an application for low income affordable apartments at Hunts point South.

Jayson Smith

I will LOVE to receive an application for the low income affordable apartment at HuntsPointSouth.

monica mccullagh

how and when will i be informed of when the lottery will be opened to the public. I do not want to miss the chance to apply after waiting for a long
time. Kindly advise me.

Diane Olivencia

I have relocated back to LIC in May of 2013 afternoon moving out to Suffolk County more than 28 years ago. Still do not have my own residence. I am staying with friends and family in the area hoping to be able to receive an application and qualify for a studio. Also working at Pal Environmental Services on Queens Plaza South which is in walking distance. This Would truly be a BLESSING1.

Rachelle Smith

Could you please notify me when it’s time to complete an application. I been constantly checking for a release date and I would truly hate to missed the chance of applying after waiting for over four years.

Gary

Please notify me when the lottery will be made available for apartments at Hunters Point South 1Q14 please. I’ve been checking constantly on the release of the application process so I can apply.

cassandra

I would like to know what I need to do to get an application for the Hunters Point South 1Q14. Lottery?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Harold

Still waiting to hear on when the applications will be available, any idea of when this will take place?

Anonymous

Still waiting for the applications to be available for the public, any idea when this will happen??

Shelley E

I’ve been searching for two years watching and waiting for the announcement that the application/lottery period is open. When will it happen and how will anyone find out?

Jennifer Herrera

I second Melissa’s request for info on the application period. Rent for a familly is very unaffordable, even with 2 moderate incomes. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed that there are enough units for those who need them – my family included 🙂

Melissa Paige

I would love an application as soon as possible. I am a New York City Public School Teacher, My spouse is a handicapped Veteran and we currently live in Long Island City. It is becoming simply unaffordable for us to stay. Please notify me as soon as possible once an application when it becomes available. Thank you. [email protected]

Clarence Guevarra

I grew up in Astoria & L.I.C. and would love the chance to move back to the neighborhood to start a family with my partner. Please notify me as soon as possible once an application becomes available. Thank you. [email protected]

AMALENDU SIKIDAR

Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to apply for HUNTERS POINT SOUTH HOUSING.Please send me an application as soon as become available.

Thanking you in advance.

John

I would defiantly like an application. I am a family of 4 living in queens and barley staying afloat.

Rick

I have a completed financial Application submitted to NYC Urban Housing development. It was made out speciffically for the hunters point south project.
Poleasse forward me an Application as soon as they are available.

Haneefah Muhammad

I would like an application when it becomes available for Hunts point south. Thank you.

Shirley A. Coley

I would like to have an application for the affordable housing at Hunter’s Point South. Right now I’m living on Roosevelt Island. I cannot continue to live as the rent is getting much to high for me. I’m along with only me to depend on, I just retired from City Services so I know I will be able to afford the rent at Hunter’s Point South. I hope my application will be accepted.

Thank you.

RSonny

As a retired/disabled USAF veteran, we are very interested in occupying one of these affordable units. We’ve lived in NYC since I retired from the USAF.

Jenine

Any updates on the housing lottery application? I’ve been checking housing connect, but I haven’t seen an application posted yet. Please let me know – I’m extremely interested.

Thank you!

Sara Amador

Hello,
I am very interested in being part of an environment where my daughter whose 10 years old and I can feel safe to live in. Being a single Mom and trying to raise her the best I can has been tough. So can you please email me how I can apply for this apartment. It would truly be a blessing.

Thank you.

Mary

I would like to receive an application to Hunter”s Point South as soon as it becomes available. Please e-mail me or let me know if a mailinf address is necessary. Thank you.

Joanne Johnson

Dear Sirs:

Thank you.

RAUL PEREZ

Richard DeFranco

I would like an application for Hunter’s point south. Please let me know when applications are available or send me one via e-mail when available. If my home address is needed then please let me know that as well. Thank you.

Marina

I’d like an application for Hunters Point South, please send me information as soon as it becomes available.

Edilson Vrech Rigo

ted

EDGAR PEREZ

I would like to apply for this project. But how do I obtain the application? Please send me further information if its available. thank you.

Harold

I would like an application for Hunters Point apartments, please send me further information as soon as it becomes available. Thank you.

Eunice Yi

Joseph Polacik

My wife, my 2 1/2 yr old girl and would love to know the moment we can apply! We could only dream of living in Hunters Point South. I’ve been monitor in the web waiting to hear. Good luck to us all!

Rachelle Smith

I truly am interested in receiving an application and have been since I first heard about this project in 2010. I lived most of my life in Astoria-Queens but had to moved due to severe problems that I was having with my old complex. I have followed this project for three long years with the hope of being one of the people who is selected for one of these affordable apartments. Until the application process begin I will continue to following the development on this most anticipated I (assume) and most needed project.