April 26, 2021 By Allie Griffin
Astoria residents will have the chance to receive a tote bag filled with goodies if they shop at eight or more local stores in the neighborhood this week.
The giveaway is part of a spring “shopping crawl” hosted by the organization Shop Small Astoria.
The crawl, which began today, encourages residents to shop at local mom-and-pops either in person or online. More than a dozen businesses throughout the neighborhood are joining in the crawl.
Participants have until Sunday, May 2 to shop at the 18 participating stores. To earn a goody bag, they must shop at at least eight of the 18 stores and submit proof of purchase — either a receipt or screenshot — by email to [email protected].
Those who hit eight or more stores will get a “Thank You for shopping Astoria” tote bag filled with goodies. The bags will be available for pick up at The Brass Owl, located at 36-19 Ditmars Blvd.
The 18 participating businesses are listed below, along with any special deals they are offering during the weeklong shopping crawl.
1. The Astoria Bookshop
2. Belief NYC
3. The Brass Owl – Online 20% off, free sticker + free candle for purchase over $100 and in store 10% off and free sticker
4. Disco Paws
5. Earth & Me
6. Fern Botanica – weekend pop-up shops
7. Gamestoria NYC – 10% off puzzles and up to 20% board games
8. Gift Box – Up to 15% off hand printed tots, 10% off select categories
9. HiFi Records & Cafe – 10-20% off select categories
11. Incasa Decor – online 10% + handmade gift for purchase $50+ in store 5% off
12. Lockwood – Free shipping online + free gift when you spend $75+
13. LoveDay 31 – 15% off
15. NYC Pet Services – 10% off all toys & treats
16. Petals & Roots
17. QED & Vintage Queens
18. Side B – raffle, 10% donation to #stopasianhate, purchase $50+ get a drink or 2 tacos from Tacostoria
View this post on Instagram