You are reading

Hospital Admissions for Coronavirus Patients in New York City Are Down: Mayor

Mayor Bill de Blasio at City Hall today (Ed Reed/Mayoral Photography Office)

April 23, 2020 By Allie Griffin

Hospital admissions for coronavirus patients in New York City are continuing to go down, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced today.

On Wednesday, the number of people admitted to New York City hospitals with coronavirus symptoms was 227, a marked decline from figures of two or three weeks ago. For instance, on March 31 there were 850 admissions for the virus.

Other indicators the city is using to track the spread have also decreased.

The daily number of COVID-19 patients in ICUs at the city’s 11 public hospitals continues to drop. Yesterday, there were 796 patients being treated for the virus in the intensive care units at public hospitals. On April 14, there were 887 people in ICUs for coronavirus.

NYC DOH

The percentage of people tested for COVID-19 that have positive results has also gone down citywide to 33 percent. One week ago it was 47 percent.

Meanwhile, the percentage of people testing positive in public health labs was 57 percent, a decline from previous weeks.

De Blasio said the numbers indicate that social distancing measures are helping New York City fight the deadly virus.

He said New Yorkers must continue to stay at home and social distance — despite the progress.

“We can’t let the natural desire to go back to normal life interfere with our efforts to defeat the virus,” he said. “This is not a battle we can fight alone; the choices ordinary New Yorkers are making at every hour of each day hold the key to fighting COVID-19.”

DOH

email the author: [email protected]

2 Comments

Click for Comments 
Interesting. Is that related to "Hospital Admissions Are Down?"

Agreed, total fraud, liberal hoax as Trump said. Be proud, don’t bend the knee: go outside without a mask, in very large groups, and inject yourself with Lysol! Otherwise, you don’t believe in the very stable genius leading the pandemic response.

Sure, he waited a few months after he found out in January. And SURE, he’s encouraging millions of American’s to “protest” quarantine and gather in large maskless groups.

But Democrats are to blame because you called them “miserable roaches” and because…wait I’m sorry did you have an actual reason?

7
1
Reply
ASensibleMan

What a bunch of frauds. Constant goal-post moving and continued denial that the real evidence is now clearly showing this is just another flu season. But hey, Orange Man Bad, so let’s make sure millions suffer as a part of our political vendetta. The media and politicians, Democrats especially, have truly revealed themselves to be miserable roaches.

3
21
Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Gunman who fired shots at the Ravenswood Houses in Long Island City remains at large: NYPD

Police from the 114th Precinct in Astoria and PSA 9 are continuing their search for a gunman who allegedly opened fire at the Ravenswood Houses in Long Island City last month.

The incident occurred during the early morning hours of Wednesday, Jan. 18, when officers responded to a 911 call and a ShotSpotter activation for multiple shots fired at 21-25 35 Ave. at the Ravenswood Houses NYCHA complex just after 2 a.m., according to authorities.

Popular places where you can watch the Super Bowl in Queens

Feb. 2, 2023 By Tammy Scileppi

Hey, football fans! Game time is fast approaching, and across the city and here in Queens, you can feel the excitement brewing as the two teams prepare to take the field on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 12. So, kick back and watch the big game, and don’t miss Rihanna’s exciting performance during halftime. 

Borough president hears from community members on budget needs throughout Queens

During a two-day public hearing on the mayor’s 2024 preliminary budget, Queens Borough President Donovan Richards Jr. listened to testimonies from 14 community board representatives, community stakeholders and members of the public on where the money should be spent in Queens. 

The public hearings were held both in-person and via Zoom on Monday, Jan. 30, and Tuesday, Jan. 31, at Queens Borough Hall. The testimonials will be used to develop the Queens Borough Board’s FY24 preliminary budget priorities in the coming weeks. 

‘He didn’t deserve to die’: Borough President Richards leads emotional candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols

Queens Borough President Donovan Richards held a candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols outside Queens Borough Hall Monday, Jan. 30 after Nichols’ death at the hands of police officers in Memphis, Tenn., made national headlines for the brutality in which the officers beat him.

Almost immediately after news broke about Nichols’ death, the Memphis police officers who beat him to death were fired and charged with murder. The police department released the body cam footage of the fatal beating on Jan. 27, but many people, including some at the vigil, have refused to watch it due to its extremely graphic nature.

Long Island City teen sentenced in fatal shooting of ‘beloved’ school teacher at Queensbridge Houses in 2020: DA

A Long Island City man on Friday, Jan. 28, was sentenced to 19 years in prison for the 2020 fatal shooting of a public school social studies teacher who was out walking his dog when he was caught in the crossfire during a confrontation between gang rivals in broad daylight, just blocks from his home, according to Queens District Attorney’s office.

Ike Ford, 19, of 12th Street, in Long Island City, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the first degree before Queens Supreme Court Justice Kenneth Holder. The teacher, George Rosa, 53, was shot in his abdomen by a stray bullet fired by Ford, who was just 17 years old at the time of the shooting but was sentenced as an adult given the severity of the crime, according to Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz.