You are reading

Woman Robbed by Two Suspects After Being Sucker-Punched at Queens Plaza Subway Station

The suspects and the Queens Plaza subway station (Photo: NYPD and Michael Dorgan, Queens Post)

March 18, 2021 By Michael Dorgan

The police are searching for two suspects who attacked and robbed a woman inside a Long Island City subway station Saturday.

Police said that the victim had been waiting on the Manhattan-bound R train platform inside the Queens Plaza subway station just before 4 p.m. – when a female appeared and began shouting.

“If anyone looks at me they’re going to get punched in the face,” she yelled.

The irate suspect, who was with a man, then sucker-punched the 23-year-old victim in the face. The victim then chased after the pair and threatened to call the police.

Surveillance footage then captures the attacker shoving the victim through an emergency exit gate and onto the ground. She then drags the woman by the hair before turning around and walking back through the gate.

The man can then be seen approaching the victim while she is on the ground and appears to reach down. Police said that the woman’s iPhone was stolen during the incident.

The suspects then fled on foot toward the nearby Queensboro Plaza subway station, police said.

The victim was transferred to Mount Sinai Hospital with injuries to her face and head, police said. She was listed in stable condition.

The female suspect is described as dark-skinned, around 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing around 200 pounds. She is between 25 to 30 years of age and was last seen wearing a black jacket and black pants.

The male suspect is described as light-skinned, between 6 feet and 6 feet 4 inches tall, and weighing around 180 pounds. He is between 25 to 30 years of age and was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt, black hat as well as a black and gray backpack.

Anyone with information in regard to the identity of the individual is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

email the author: [email protected]

5 Comments

Click for Comments 
Lawrence Willoughby Jr.

We need more NYPD police and more S.W.A.T. team to stop a black female and a white male suspects after sucker punches to a person. Then stole a iphone. They are homeless people are NOT allowed in New York City subway station and riding on trains. They were must put into hospitals or shelters. Plus, NOT carrying more guns or knife weapons riding or waiting on the Manhattan or Queens bound E, M, or R train at the Queens Plaza station before arrested; and putting in the police precinct serving 15 to 20 years in prison. Don’t let them get away with a black female and a white male suspects. Hopefully it’s should be a lot safer in the Queens Plaza subway station Long Island City and even all Manhattan subway stations protecting areas. Please stay alert. Stay alive. Thanks for sharing this post on.

Reply
MRLIC

There was also a attack on 7 court square platform. Getting close townhomes here in LIC. Is the crime spike due mostly to Cuomo’s insane bail reform and. DeNlasio’s defunding the Police. Terrible Democratic leadership here on NY. State & City. Developers try to downplay. all the crime to sell their luxury condos etc.. It seems thev3 mews comes outback week or 2 after many crimes.

521
1
Reply
This crime was already eligible for bail

Oops, completely wrong again!

Why are you criticizing luxury condo developers like Trump?

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

‘He didn’t deserve to die’: Borough President Richards leads emotional candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols

Queens Borough President Donovan Richards held a candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols outside Queens Borough Hall Monday, Jan. 30 after Nichols’ death at the hands of police officers in Memphis, Tenn., made national headlines for the brutality in which the officers beat him.

Almost immediately after news broke about Nichols’ death, the Memphis police officers who beat him to death were fired and charged with murder. The police department released the body cam footage of the fatal beating on Jan. 27, but many people, including some at the vigil, have refused to watch it due to its extremely graphic nature.

Long Island City teen sentenced in fatal shooting of ‘beloved’ school teacher at Queensbridge Houses in 2020: DA

A Long Island City man on Friday, Jan. 28, was sentenced to 19 years in prison for the 2020 fatal shooting of a public school social studies teacher who was out walking his dog when he was caught in the crossfire during a confrontation between gang rivals in broad daylight, just blocks from his home, according to Queens District Attorney’s office.

Ike Ford, 19, of 12th Street, in Long Island City, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the first degree before Queens Supreme Court Justice Kenneth Holder. The teacher, George Rosa, 53, was shot in his abdomen by a stray bullet fired by Ford, who was just 17 years old at the time of the shooting but was sentenced as an adult given the severity of the crime, according to Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz.

LaGuardia Community College receives federal funding to expand vocational training for the unemployed

LaGuardia Community College recently received more than $400,000 in federal funding to enhance and expand vocational training for underemployed New Yorkers in a city that is still working to recover from COVID-19 pandemic-induced job loss. The support was secured by U.S. Senators Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand, Congresswoman Nydia Velázquez and former Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney.

LaGuardia Community College President Kenneth Adams explained that the school lost nearly a quarter of its students at the height of the pandemic due to the economic effects of the lockdown on low-income Queens households.

BP launches new advisory panel for youth to become civically engaged in the future of Queens

In an effort to get more young people involved in civics, Queens Borough President Donovan Richards has created a new advisory panel known as the Youth and Young Adult Council to introduce the “youngest and fiercest” community advocates to both community service and organization.

Members of the advisory body will advocate concerns through means of community engagement by participating in one of two cohorts. The first will be made up of high school representatives between the ages of 13 and 17, while the second cohort will be comprised of young adults between the ages of 18 and 25.