You are reading

Ravenswood Houses Drug Crew Busted: DA

The drug ring operated out of Ravenswood Houses. (Google Maps)

April 16, 2019 By Laura Hanrahan

Seven men have been arrested following the bust of a “drug emporium” operating out of Ravenswood Houses, authorities announced yesterday.

The arrests stem from a year-long police investigation that found that the drug crew was trafficking cocaine and heroin within Ravenswood Houses between March 2018 and April 2019. The gang made multiple sales to undercover detectives.

“The defendants charged in this case turned a housing complex filled with families and numerous children into an illicit drug emporium.” said Chief Assistant District Attorney John M. Ryan.”This kind of lawless drug distribution operation will not be tolerated in Queens County.”

In May 2018, detectives from the NYPD’s Queens North Gang Squad obtained an eavesdropping warrant and began listening in on conversations between various members of the alleged drug crew.

The ringleader of the crew, Jamarl Gilmore, 38, a resident of Ravenswood, was arrested a few months later in August 2018 and charged with the criminal sale of a controlled substance and other crimes. He now faces between 15 and 30 years in prison if convicted. The investigation continued after Gilmore’s arrest, leading to the apprehension of six other individuals.

Police raided eight locations within Queens County known to be used by the gang, including Ravenswood Houses, and found cocaine, marijuana, a scale, three firearms, high-capacity magazines, and nearly 100 rounds of ammunition. One defendant, Donte Wiggins, 38, of Queens Village, was found to have a plastic bag of cocaine in his buttocks, police said.

“These arrests have dismantled an established network of criminal offenders who were transporting and distributing significant quantities of illegal guns and drugs,” said Police Commissioner James O’Neill said.

The other individuals placed under arrest include Damien Walker, 40, Gerard Dennis, 27, Cheyenne Parsons, 27, Delton McCall, 23, and Kavon Robinson, 23. All five men are from Ravenswood. They have all been charged with the criminal sale of a controlled substance.

Wiggins and Walker were additionally charged with criminal possession of a firearm.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

One Comment

Click for Comments 
Cg

They should build a fence with machine gun towers around Ravenswood . Then everyone would sleep better

3
1
Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Fall fun in western Queens: Your guide to the best seasonal events

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

With beach days and summer BBQs behind us, the start of September rings in the start of magnificent Fall foliage, Halloween and more fun activities that come with the start of Autumn, including a list of Fall events in the area. From apple picking to seasonal ciders and more, there is tons to explore in the community. From Mystic Markets to scary movie meet-ups and more, here is a list of Fall events you do not want to miss.

MTA opens three new modernized elevators at the Queens Plaza subway station in Long Island City

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) announced the opening of three new modernized elevators at the Queens Plaza E/M/R subway station in Long Island City earlier this month as part of a larger accessibility and safety upgrades throughout the transit system.

The work included a full replacement of the cab and equipment within the cab, shaft and pit, along with two new elevator head houses located at street level. Crews also made modifications to the shaft and pit as needed to allow for new equipment. The elevator machine room and electrical and mechanical equipment received replacements and other modernization efforts for reliability.

Queens Together launches ‘Unofficial US Open Dining Guide’ encouraging fans to sample restaurants along the 7 line

Aug. 20, 2025 By Shane O’Brien

The US Open returns to Flushing Meadows Corona Park this Sunday, with more than 1 million attendees anticipated to take mass transit to the iconic annual tennis event. With hundreds of thousands of fans set to take the 7 out to the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, there is a world of delicious local eateries lying beneath the elevated train tracks should any fan wish to stop en-route to the US Open.