NYPD: Motorcyclist Dead After Collision on Queensboro Bridge Throws Him From the Overpass

Aug. 14, 2016 Staff Report

A motorcyclist died after a collision at the upper level entrance of the Queensboro Bridge threw him off his bike and off the span Sunday morning, police said.

Joshua Persaud, 26, of Queens Village, was riding west toward Manhattan on a 2006 Honda motorcycle when he struck the back of a Toyota Hylander and was ejected from his bike at the Thomson Ave. entrance ramp at about 2:45 a.m., police said.

Persaud then slid across the road and off the overpass, landing in the Silver Cup Studios parking lot below, police said.

Emergency responders rushed him to New York Cornell Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

There were no arrests. The driver of the Toyota Hylander remained on the scene.

The NYPD’s Collision Investigation Squad is probing the incident.

MRLIC

This is my final post as MRLIC, I have decided to retire and spend less time correcting other people’s misinformed opinions. I love and respect all of you including those FAKE MRLIC pretenders whom gave me a sense of community. I’m ready now to work on my bowling and reacquaint myself with my bride of decades past.

MRLIC

The post made on August 15 at 8:21 pm was made by a JOKER that stole my MRLIC handle. I will never stop identifying these FAKE impersonators.

SeñorLIC

I remember seeing my cousin MRLIC personally take down a few Hell’s Angels with his bare hands after he found out they were real estate developers. This was back when we both rode with The Mongols. Dark days esé, let me tell you; MRLIC had this torture method he called “the 7-10 split” that would get even the most hardened biker to squeal. When I saw this article at first I thought maybe he was involved.

MRLIC

If been riding a bike for nearly 30 years now, I’ve had my fair share of road rashes and penicillin shots from lot lizards. It always pains me to see one of my brothas perish. Articles like this remind me of the days when I was young, fun and full of batter and he’ll on two wheels.

Rick James

Takeaways are
Kids like him think they are immortal and should never be on a bike.
Maybe when he Is a bit older.

Dust2dust

Likely want paying attention or speeding along and messed up. It’s a shame but it’s the risk a cyclist takes and is well aware of the risks. #shikhappens

Popular places where you can watch the big game in Queens

Hey, football fans! Game time is fast approaching, and across the city and here in Queens, you can feel the excitement brewing as the two teams prepare to take the field on Super Sunday, Feb. 12. So, kick back and watch the big game, and don’t miss Rihanna’s exciting performance during halftime.

LaGuardia Community College receives federal funding to expand vocational training for the unemployed

LaGuardia Community College recently received more than $400,000 in federal funding to enhance and expand vocational training for underemployed New Yorkers in a city that is still working to recover from COVID-19 pandemic-induced job loss. The support was secured by U.S. Senators Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand, Congresswoman Nydia Velázquez and former Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney.

LaGuardia Community College President Kenneth Adams explained that the school lost nearly a quarter of its students at the height of the pandemic due to the economic effects of the lockdown on low-income Queens households.

BP launches new advisory panel for youth to become civically engaged in the future of Queens

In an effort to get more young people involved in civics, Queens Borough President Donovan Richards has created a new advisory panel known as the Youth and Young Adult Council to introduce the “youngest and fiercest” community advocates to both community service and organization.

Members of the advisory body will advocate concerns through means of community engagement by participating in one of two cohorts. The first will be made up of high school representatives between the ages of 13 and 17, while the second cohort will be comprised of young adults between the ages of 18 and 25.