You are reading

Long Island City man pleads guilty to possessing child porn

April 21, 2017 Staff Report

A Long Island City man pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography yesterday and could face up to three years in prison.

Queens District Attorney Richard Brown announced that 23-year-old Charles Flores, who lives on 38th Street, pleaded guilty to possessing images of a sexual performance by a child after police received a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that he had uploaded child porn to his Google account last September.

“The defendant has admitted that his curiosity became an obsession and that he sought out, downloaded and saved several thousand images and videos of children – some as young as five – being sexually abused by adults,” Brown said. “These are not just pictures and videos. They are for all intents and purposes crime scene photos of children being sexually abused. They are real people who will have to live with the abuse they suffered for the rest of their lives. This defendant will go to prison as a result of his actions.”

According to the charges, detectives received the tip that Flores had uploaded two images involving child abuse to his Google account, [email protected], and the defendant admitted the account was his when interviewed by detectives.

While examining the defendant’s hard drive, police found 20 images of prepubescent children roughly between the ages of five and 12 being vaginally and anally penetrated by adult men.

Flores told detectives that he had begun looking for child pornography to help his girlfriend, and it had turned in to an obsession. When police examined his electronic devices further they found hundreds of images and videos of children being abused, as young as four years old.

Flores will be sentenced on June 12 and will face between one and three years in prison.

email the author: [email protected]

3 Comments

Click for Comments 
Disgusted!

ONLY THREE YEARS????!!!! These poor children will spend their entire lives in misery because of these perverts! I agree with you, Paul. These demon spawn DO NOT belong in society They have NO RIGHT to inflict their perversions upon children THEY CAN’T HELP IT???? YES THEY CAN! Take responsibility! He did this to “turn on/help his girlfriend”?? Put all of these perverts in one large cell and let them go at it with each other. As much as they want when they want. Keep them in jail or castrate them! Disgusting!

Reply
Paul

death penalty…plain and simple. this sentence right here: – some as young as five – being sexually abused by adults,” …doesnt need justification, doesn’t need psychological analysis…..Death penalty without question OR surgical removal of all sex organs….the latter being the cure.

Reply
Anonymous

That is so gross but, I don’t think they can help it any more than anyone else liking what they like. Straight, or LGBTQ or whatever. We need to figure out how to protect our youngest and most vulnerable. Those poor children

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Gunman who fired shots at the Ravenswood Houses in Long Island City remains at large: NYPD

Police from the 114th Precinct in Astoria and PSA 9 are continuing their search for a gunman who allegedly opened fire at the Ravenswood Houses in Long Island City last month.

The incident occurred during the early morning hours of Wednesday, Jan. 18, when officers responded to a 911 call and a ShotSpotter activation for multiple shots fired at 21-25 35 Ave. at the Ravenswood Houses NYCHA complex just after 2 a.m., according to authorities.

Popular places where you can watch the Super Bowl in Queens

Feb. 2, 2023 By Tammy Scileppi

Hey, football fans! Game time is fast approaching, and across the city and here in Queens, you can feel the excitement brewing as the two teams prepare to take the field on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 12. So, kick back and watch the big game, and don’t miss Rihanna’s exciting performance during halftime. 

Borough president hears from community members on budget needs throughout Queens

During a two-day public hearing on the mayor’s 2024 preliminary budget, Queens Borough President Donovan Richards Jr. listened to testimonies from 14 community board representatives, community stakeholders and members of the public on where the money should be spent in Queens. 

The public hearings were held both in-person and via Zoom on Monday, Jan. 30, and Tuesday, Jan. 31, at Queens Borough Hall. The testimonials will be used to develop the Queens Borough Board’s FY24 preliminary budget priorities in the coming weeks. 

‘He didn’t deserve to die’: Borough President Richards leads emotional candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols

Queens Borough President Donovan Richards held a candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols outside Queens Borough Hall Monday, Jan. 30 after Nichols’ death at the hands of police officers in Memphis, Tenn., made national headlines for the brutality in which the officers beat him.

Almost immediately after news broke about Nichols’ death, the Memphis police officers who beat him to death were fired and charged with murder. The police department released the body cam footage of the fatal beating on Jan. 27, but many people, including some at the vigil, have refused to watch it due to its extremely graphic nature.

Long Island City teen sentenced in fatal shooting of ‘beloved’ school teacher at Queensbridge Houses in 2020: DA

A Long Island City man on Friday, Jan. 28, was sentenced to 19 years in prison for the 2020 fatal shooting of a public school social studies teacher who was out walking his dog when he was caught in the crossfire during a confrontation between gang rivals in broad daylight, just blocks from his home, according to Queens District Attorney’s office.

Ike Ford, 19, of 12th Street, in Long Island City, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the first degree before Queens Supreme Court Justice Kenneth Holder. The teacher, George Rosa, 53, was shot in his abdomen by a stray bullet fired by Ford, who was just 17 years old at the time of the shooting but was sentenced as an adult given the severity of the crime, according to Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz.