You are reading

First Ever ‘Haunted Factory’ In Paragon Paint Building To Close Out Halloween March

paragon paint

Oct. 29, 2015 By Jackie Strawbridge

A scary surprise is waiting for Saturday’s Trick or Treat marchers at the Paragon Paint Factory.

The Paragon, located at 45-40 Vernon Blvd., will be the setting of the first ever Haunted Factory, presented by Gianna Cerbone-Teoli of Manducatis Rustica. The event is free, and will open to visitors once the Trick or Treat march winds down Vernon Boulevard.

Cerbone-Teoli launched the annual Halloween march a decade ago, and she used to host a haunted house within her restaurant.

After deciding to find a new location for the event, she started working with the Paragon owners to use the factory’s first floor.

“It’s going to be a fun, scary, exciting, haunted factory in the heart of Long Island City,” she said. “Plain and simple, all in good fun.”

The themes of the haunted factory will play on Long Island City’s history, “and the ghosts that are still wandering the streets,” she added. A handful of volunteers will help run the show from inside, with three levels of scariness for kids, teens and adults.

However, other than those details, Cerbone-Teoli declined to reveal many specifics about the event because she wants it to be a surprise for participants.

“You have to come and see,” she said. “We’re talking pretty scary.”

Cerbone-Teoli said she appreciated the opportunity to bring this new event to the Long Island City community.

“We’re using somebody’s property, somebody’s building, to do something fun for the kids,” she said. “It just keeps it at that community love, and the beauty of being in Long Island City.”

“You don’t get this anywhere else.”

The Trick or Treat march starts at 2 p.m. in front of the 108th Precinct,  5-47 50th Ave.

Reach reporter Jackie Strawbridge at [email protected]

email the author: [email protected]

7 Comments

Click for Comments 
carlos rosado

I Saw this picture of Paragon paint Factory
and it gave me a flash back I work there when i was 19year’s old back in 1981 was a great place to work. Im happy they used it for a event for Halloween.

Reply
Dod

Anybody has any idea what’s going on in the backyard of this derelict building? They are using extremely loud jackhammers until 9pm everyday. Cant believe nobody stopped them from violating the law!

Reply
brooklynmc

I could not go in because my son was too young but I wish I was able to. Looked great. Thanks to Gianna for being a good corporate citizen!

Reply
LIC Mamma

I agree! Gianna is the best! Thanks for taking the time to do this and for everything you do for this community. I appreciate you! Ti voglio bene G!!

Reply
Anonymous visitor

Only on LIC Post are there sad, sad people who would bother to Dislike a comment about someone who organized a free neighborhood Halloween party for kids. I’ll bet it’s the same effed up people who made jokes on Facebook about the poor guy who committed suicide a few weeks ago.

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Gunman who fired shots at the Ravenswood Houses in Long Island City remains at large: NYPD

Police from the 114th Precinct in Astoria and PSA 9 are continuing their search for a gunman who allegedly opened fire at the Ravenswood Houses in Long Island City last month.

The incident occurred during the early morning hours of Wednesday, Jan. 18, when officers responded to a 911 call and a ShotSpotter activation for multiple shots fired at 21-25 35 Ave. at the Ravenswood Houses NYCHA complex just after 2 a.m., according to authorities.

Popular places where you can watch the Super Bowl in Queens

Feb. 2, 2023 By Tammy Scileppi

Hey, football fans! Game time is fast approaching, and across the city and here in Queens, you can feel the excitement brewing as the two teams prepare to take the field on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 12. So, kick back and watch the big game, and don’t miss Rihanna’s exciting performance during halftime. 

Borough president hears from community members on budget needs throughout Queens

During a two-day public hearing on the mayor’s 2024 preliminary budget, Queens Borough President Donovan Richards Jr. listened to testimonies from 14 community board representatives, community stakeholders and members of the public on where the money should be spent in Queens. 

The public hearings were held both in-person and via Zoom on Monday, Jan. 30, and Tuesday, Jan. 31, at Queens Borough Hall. The testimonials will be used to develop the Queens Borough Board’s FY24 preliminary budget priorities in the coming weeks. 

‘He didn’t deserve to die’: Borough President Richards leads emotional candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols

Queens Borough President Donovan Richards held a candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols outside Queens Borough Hall Monday, Jan. 30 after Nichols’ death at the hands of police officers in Memphis, Tenn., made national headlines for the brutality in which the officers beat him.

Almost immediately after news broke about Nichols’ death, the Memphis police officers who beat him to death were fired and charged with murder. The police department released the body cam footage of the fatal beating on Jan. 27, but many people, including some at the vigil, have refused to watch it due to its extremely graphic nature.

Long Island City teen sentenced in fatal shooting of ‘beloved’ school teacher at Queensbridge Houses in 2020: DA

A Long Island City man on Friday, Jan. 28, was sentenced to 19 years in prison for the 2020 fatal shooting of a public school social studies teacher who was out walking his dog when he was caught in the crossfire during a confrontation between gang rivals in broad daylight, just blocks from his home, according to Queens District Attorney’s office.

Ike Ford, 19, of 12th Street, in Long Island City, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the first degree before Queens Supreme Court Justice Kenneth Holder. The teacher, George Rosa, 53, was shot in his abdomen by a stray bullet fired by Ford, who was just 17 years old at the time of the shooting but was sentenced as an adult given the severity of the crime, according to Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz.