You are reading

Curfew On Indoor Dining to Go From 11 p.m. to Midnight: Cuomo

Restaurants will be permitted to open until midnight, starting April 19 (Photo: unSplash)

April 14, 2021 By Christian Murray

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced this afternoon that he is extending the 11 p.m. curfew on bars and restaurants until midnight.

The change will go into effect Monday, April 19.

The announcement comes after bar and restaurant owners have been complaining that the 11 p.m. closing hour is too early, crimping their profits. Many say that they generate significant revenue late at night—particularly on weekends.

Indoor dining, however, is still restricted to 50 percent in New York City, although it is at 75 percent in the rest of the state.

The governor also said that the curfew for catered events has been extended from midnight to 1 a.m.

Cuomo, however, warned during his press briefing today that the pandemic is far from over.

“We caution New Yorkers…don’t get cocky,” he said. “The disease is still very much with us. You see it escalating in some states, you see it escalating in some countries. So, we have to stay smart until COVID is crushed.”

email the author: [email protected]
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Crunching the Queens crime numbers: felony assaults across the borough on the rise, burglaries down slightly in northern Queens

Feb. 21, 2024 By Ethan Marshall

The number of felony assaults across Queens increased during the 28-day period from Jan. 22 through Feb. 18, compared to the same period of time last year, according to the latest crime stats released by the NYPD Tuesday. At the same time, the number of reported burglaries experienced a slight but noticeable drop in northern Queens.

Maspeth man faces life in prison for 2020 fatal stabbing in Dutch Kills: DA

A Maspeth man who was caught by transit cops vaping inside a Brooklyn subway station in January is facing as much as 75 years to life in prison for stabbing a Dutch Kills man to death four years ago.

Luis Hernandez, 36, of 56th Street, was arraigned Tuesday in Queens Supreme Court on a seven-count indictment charging him with murder, gang assault and other crimes in the fatal stabbing of a 21-year-old man and the attempted murder of two others in Astoria in 2020.