You are reading

18-Year-Old Jumps From Queensboro Bridge, Survives: NYPD

Alex Gorzen via Wikimedia

June 1, 2018 By Nathaly Pesantez

An 18-year-old is alive after jumping from the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge yesterday afternoon, police say.

The man jumped from the bridge into the East River at around 1:30 p.m. yesterday, and was rescued by a passing NYC Ferry, an NYPD spokesperson said.

The ferry then hurried him to Roosevelt Island, where an ambulance took him to the New York- Presbyterian hospital, the spokesperson said.

One twitter user, Luis Cardozo, witnessed the incident and wrote that the 18-year-old seemed unconscious, then woke up and tried to swim toward shore, but started to drown.

He posted videos of what appears to be the 18-year-old staying afloat as a NYC Ferry came to the rescue.

The New York Post was first to report the incident.

email the author: [email protected]

3 Comments

Click for Comments 
rikki

Bet it was another Jackass stunt for tv the video will be on all star hip hop in a few days

16
5
Reply
First Time Long Time

I heard he was a baseball pitching prodigy and just learned he was drafted by the Mets.

72
26
Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Crunching the Queens crime numbers: felony assaults across the borough on the rise, burglaries down slightly in northern Queens

Feb. 21, 2024 By Ethan Marshall

The number of felony assaults across Queens increased during the 28-day period from Jan. 22 through Feb. 18, compared to the same period of time last year, according to the latest crime stats released by the NYPD Tuesday. At the same time, the number of reported burglaries experienced a slight but noticeable drop in northern Queens.

Maspeth man faces life in prison for 2020 fatal stabbing in Dutch Kills: DA

A Maspeth man who was caught by transit cops vaping inside a Brooklyn subway station in January is facing as much as 75 years to life in prison for stabbing a Dutch Kills man to death four years ago.

Luis Hernandez, 36, of 56th Street, was arraigned Tuesday in Queens Supreme Court on a seven-count indictment charging him with murder, gang assault and other crimes in the fatal stabbing of a 21-year-old man and the attempted murder of two others in Astoria in 2020.