Papo Fried Chicken Zack’s Pizzeria shut by health department
May 7, By Michael Florio
A well-known Vernon Blvd pizzeria has been closed by the health department.
Papo Fried Chicken Zacks Pizzeria, located at48-11 Vernon Boulevard, was shut down after a health inspector claimed that there was evidence of mice, food contamination and faulty plumbing. The owner, who could not be reached for comment, was subject to:
Sanitary Violations (71 points)
1) Food, food preparation area, food storage area, area used by employees or patrons, contaminated by sewage or liquid waste.
2) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
3) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
4) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
5) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.